"Healing Spices" by Bharat B Aggarwal with Debora Yost
How to use 50 everyday and exotic spices to boost health and beat disease.
Did you know that:
- Rosemary is one of the most powerful antioxidants on earth?
- Black pepper protects brain cells?
- Chillis can help relieve the symptoms of arthritis?
- Turmeric has potent anti-cancer properties?
Breakthrough scientific research is finding that spices - even more than herbs, fruits and vegetables - are loaded with health-enhancing compounds. In this first book on how to use culinary spices for healing, a leading expert on the subject takes a detailed look at 50 different spices and their disease-beating benefits. Inside you'll find:
- an A-to-Z guide to spices shown to have preventative or healing potential for 150 health conditions, from acne, arthritis and anxiety to stroke, ulcers and wrinkles
- 50 delicious easy-to-prepare recipes, such as Cinnamon and Banana French Toast, By-the-Bay Fisherman's Chowder, Boeuf Bourguignon, Prawns with Almond Hot Pepper Sauce, Spicy Hash Brown Potatoes, and Los Banos Low-Fat Brownies
- a buyer's resource list for healing with spices