Through extensive research, Emma has developed a range of products that are truly earth- and skin-kind.
The environmental benefits of using Emma’s Soap are:
- In the ingredients of the soap.
- In the packaging, it is recyclable and reusable.
- In the health of the consumer.
- In the manufacturing base, process and waste.
- In transportation and delivery.
In the ingredients:
All oils and butters used in Emma’s Soap are from suppliers who import where possible from within Europe. All oils are from a cold press process avoiding chemical base solvents for extraction purposes. Where possible oils and butters are organic and/or unrefined, Emma uses the beeswax from her own hives and that of a local bee keeper, ensuring only the best grade is used in the manufacturing of the soap, giving the end user a high grade product.
Emma chooses to use virgin olive oil, 95% renewable product. 45/50% of her soap is made with virgin olive oil because it is pure juice, full of anti-oxidants and vitamin E. The cosmetic industry tends to use olive pomace oil; this is not a pure product, as the extraction involves the use of high temperatures and petrochemical solvents such as hexane.
Emma has designed a soap that does not use palm oil (sodium palmate) the crop is used for a myriad of purposes from an ingredient in food products to engine lubricants and a base for 99.9% of all cosmetic products.
In its packaging:
Emma’s Soap considered various methods of packaging from paper to bio-degradable packaging.
To use organic fair trade cotton fabric was an early ethical decision, not only does it present the soap beautifully; it allows the soap to breath as well as protecting the soap and it can also be re-used. Emma promotes her ‘reduce reuse recycle’ ideas on all her labels.
Emma’s Soap is wrapped in Organic fair trade cotton.
Reduce Reuse Recycle
Ideas for reusing the packaging
- Collect the fabric squares and make a patch-work, bag, pillow or even a quilt.
- Use to top your home made Jam, Chutney & Pickles!
- Make clothes for your best loved doll or teddy!
- Use to wrap your soap when traveling.
- Return to Emma’s Soap to be reused and get 5p off next purchase.”